Chris is a chartered planning and development surveyor and town planner with some thirty years of private sector planning consultancy experience. He has extensive knowledge of the workings of the statutory planning system and wide-ranging expertise drawn from many years of providing planning advice to public and private sector clients.
Chris has advised some of the UK’s largest retailers, investors, landowners and property developers and has led many multi-disciplinary teams to secure planning permissions for major development proposals. Chris is known for providing clear, robust and commercially-aware advice and he has an excellent track record for securing negotiated permissions, often for contentious and high-profile development schemes, across the UK.
Chris has particular experience in:
- Planning and development issues relating to housing, retail, logistics, industrial and leisure related development projects;
- Negotiating with local planning authorities and securing consent for major planning applications;
- The statutory appeal process, including the preparation and presentation of evidence;
- Advising local authorities in relation to retailing and town centre policy;
- Strategic planning advice, including the implications of emerging policy; and
- Appraisals of development potential.
When not working, Chris spends more time than is sensible travelling around the country watching Liverpool FC, often with his family; and he enjoys road cycling up and down the hills of the Midlands and further afield.